Old 21-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Mostyn" wrote in message
I am very disappointed I was taking advice from a so called dealer and it
has cost me a lot of money, I only found out the other day that this so
called dealer is an electrician who inherited the business from his father
and has no idea about the business at all.
I bought a filter and pump from his recommendations to find out that the
filter isn't big enough to do the job that cost me £160.00.
Luckily I found a true koi dealer and he is now advising me and he has

told
me what filter I need and to save me money & being stuck with a filter
that's now obsolete he is having it made to his specks so as to

incorporate
the other filter, but I will have to run them independently on two

separate
pumps but I have to lose my raised garden planter to accommodate both
filters.
I have now learned my lesson and don't just listen to one individual

consult
as many people as possible be for committing money and make sure those you
consult are true and reputable.
Yours a very skint Mostyn.

This is a good example of the art vs. science issue of ponding. It's
certainly a bit of both, as every pond is different. For me, I did months of
research which included simply asking questions ad nauseum, here in
rec.ponds. There are plenty of people here with real world experience, which
to me is the best answer for your final design.

BV.