Old 27-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Cereus-validus.

So what is your cloning question?

Cloning is typically done on the cellular level. Taking plant cuttings is
more properly called propagation.

After dipping the cuttings in rooting hormone, they go directly into the
rooting medium (soil, moist sand, whatever). Putting them in water would
dilute the effect of the hormone.

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
I just bought some powder rooting hormone from Home Depot (Shultz brand).
Neither the bottle nor the box has any directions as to how to use this.
Last year I cloned a bunch of plants in the fall by just sticking them in
water and for the most part it worked. I wanted to try the rooting
compound this year.

After dipping the cuttings in the compound do I stick it in a glass of
water or should I just stick the cutting in potting soil?