Old 27-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Al Reynolds

I wrote:
I've looked into this a bit, and you're right about Argos & B&Q
discontinuing them. The Argos one was the Challenge Cordless Lopper
(http://www.bat400.com/pics/challenge...ess-lopper.jpg)
and the B&Q one was the Perfomance Power Cordless Lopper
(http://www.bat400.com/pics/performan...ess-lopper.jpg)

They both look similar to a Makita cordless pruner (also available
from Dolmar) which has also been discontinued.
(http://www.bat400.com/pics/makita-cordless-pruner.jpg)

The two cheapies are clearly identical, and there are a few similarities
with the Makita - check out the switch positions and the screw holes.
I assume the build quality will be better on the Makita.

I am beginning to wonder why they have all been discontinued. The
Makita ones sometimes come up on ebay. Take a look at
for an auction for one of these finishing on Friday lunchtime.

I also found this one:
http://www.crocus.co.uk/?ContentType...sID=2000005129
Looks like Power Devil branding but I can't tell from the pic.

Al