Old 27-10-2004, 12:34 PM

In uk.d-i-y Al Reynolds wrote:
Does anyone know if they are still sold in the UK anywhere, or does
anyone in the UK have one that is sitting around that they want to
sell, or is anyone going on hols to the US and want to bring me one
back for a profit?

I've looked into this a bit, and you're right about Argos & B&Q
discontinuing them. The Argos one was the Challenge Cordless Lopper
(http://www.bat400.com/pics/challenge...ess-lopper.jpg)
and the B&Q one was the Perfomance Power Cordless Lopper
(http://www.bat400.com/pics/performan...ess-lopper.jpg)

I was lucky to buy one just a couple of weeks ago then, I'm very
pleased with it so far. I'll drop in and buy a second battery soon
just in case they stop stocking them (though the battery is common to
a lot of tools).

They both look similar to a Makita cordless pruner (also available
from Dolmar) which has also been discontinued.
(http://www.bat400.com/pics/makita-cordless-pruner.jpg)

The major difference is that the Makita is 12 volts and the B&Q is 18
volts, I don't know about the Argos one.

--
Chris Green