Old 27-10-2004, 04:01 PM
jojo

In article ,
Gae Xavier wrote:

Texensis wrote:

And there's a very good photo accompanying the piece in today's
Metro/State section. This is our second summer for seeing lots of them
in close-in south Austin. Passion flowers are not profuse, but there's
plenty of vine. Has anyone else been seeing these very handsome
butterflies? In what part of town? ......just wondering

I have three large passion vines -- one has almost taken over a Methley
Plum tree that never does anything anyway...

Therefore, I have a yard full of zebra longwings out 2244 and
Cuernavaca. They are everywhere... And the red dragonflies. I love those
guys! They are the sweetest! Every time I walk out the door, one comes
to greet me by landing on one of the wire tomato cages at my eye's height.

He or she sits and cocks his little head and we have a chat for the
morning...

Yeah... ok... my man friend had to remind me the size of the dragonfly's
brain -- no larger than a little finger nail clipping. So...!!!

Doesn't matter -- they communicate in other ways -- by following me
around the yard and landing nearby and cocking their little heads and
looking me straight in the eye.

And that's the truth! Gae

We lived on Casa Grande for a couple of years and have just moved back
to "town" - I sure do miss those red dragonflies, among other things.
You're right, they were everywhere and so beautiful and interactive.

But, we had a zebra fall asleep on a tree limb above our heads as we sat
on the patio last night - and later, a screech owl showed her/himself.
So "town" is turning out okay after all.

Regards,

jojo