Old 28-10-2004, 02:34 AM
ned

Reece wrote:
I hope I do not get banished for being slightly off topic but how

can
I discourage Magpies from coming into my garden. There are more than
20 nest in the trees bordering my property but they are on
conservation ground. At any one time during the early morning there
can be as many as 12 Magpies on my roof.
They are bullying the small garden birds I am sure.

Any help would be brilliant.

I know its a daft question but, are you sure they are magpies?
They usually pair up in twos. I've never seen a dozen together.
But, to get rid.
They can be quite arrogant amongst the smaller birds but they are also
skittish and it doesn't take much for them to take flight.
Try tying several CDs to bushes and trees so that they spin in the
wind. That might give them the jitters - until they get used to them.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 15.10.2004