Old 28-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Reece

They are definitely Magpies, until I moved into this house I thought the
same of Magpies, you never see a lot in close proximity. I have witnessed
some fair old scraps as well as they must fight for territory.
The noise in the morning is deafening, they have a horrible rasping chatter
as their call.
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message 1098920481.SYCpxUaJw2LRjT9rPIfI3A@teranews
from "Reece" contains these words:

I hope I do not get banished for being slightly off topic but how can I
discourage Magpies from coming into my garden. There are more than 20

nest
in the trees bordering my property but they are on conservation ground.
At any one time during the early morning there can be as many as 12

Magpies
on my roof.
They are bullying the small garden birds I am sure.

I blame magpies for setting a bad example to humans. Fancy trying to
intimidate birds smaller than yourself!

Janet.