Old 28-10-2004, 08:53 AM
oknwht?

On 10/12/04 12:00 PM, in article ,
"Michelle Fulton" wrote:

"oknwht?" wrote in message
(very big snip)
Merci, Muchas Gracias and Thanks a bunch :-)

You are welcome...let me know what you find....if you don't I will always
wonder...(snicker)...
PS: Thanks for the thanks...

Never did figure out what was eating the wood. I couldn't find the critters
and the ag extension just responded with "get the wood out of your house",
but I did manage to get rid of the wood :-)

Thanks to all for your ideas and suggestions!

Who or what is 'the ag extension'? And just what do they know about a
hot fire burning? I would assume that they also couldn't find any bugs. They
did look, or course. Either way your wood is gone. Too bad.
I, too, have wood with sawdust mysteriously appearing...wood bugs-I
think! The bark separates from the, from the, from the....what does one call
the rest of the wood-wood...that is it! The bark separates from the wood!
And there is sawdust in there....caused by wood bugs and just think, they
don't have any saws! I, at least, hope it was/is wood bugs...come to think
of it does anyone know what wood bugs are? Do they really have saws? Quiet
saws? Damn there is so much I don't know...
I have burnt most of my wood now and will be resorting to an unrenewable
heating source-thems that know call it 'natural gas'. Heck the only natural
gas I know of stinks! I guess they call it 'natural' because they add stuff
to make it...natural-it stinks too! Processed gas! It's not renewable as far
as I know. Wood is a renewable resource...I read that in a book.
Have you been able to obtain new firewood to replace the wood you got
rid of? I hope so. There is nothing like a hot wood fire...from free
firewood.
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada