Old 28-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes

In that case, they have been the 'in thing' for many years and for very good
reason. If they are the most planted hedge, they are the most planted hedge
causing the most annoyance, most suffering and most all round bloody
nuisance.

That still doesn't mean to say the are *always* a bad thing, and
*always* the wrong solution. I'm not arguing that there isn't a problem,
I'm arguing against the extreme reaction on urg whereby whenever
leylandii is mentioned someone always pops up and says 'prune them 6
inches below ground level'.

And I'm also arguing against the argument that we should plant our
gardens in such a way that no-one in the future should be able to use
our plantings to cause a nuisance to their neighbours.
Can we expect no-one to be responsible for their own actions any more?
--
Kay