Old 28-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Sacha

On 28/10/04 2:19, in article , "ned"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
snip
And, BTW, I don't know where you live ...

......... Oh, Sacha. You disappoint me. I told you in my last post
that it was Lincolnshire.

or how or when your hedge was planted

....... No, I don't know that either. 'Bit before my time. But, I do
know that the principal boundaries were set out according to the
'Enclosures Act' of 1773.

but if you have that mix in it, you may have one of the ancient
hedges planted with an eye to witchcraft and the various functions
of the various trees. They were planted as a boundary in more ways
than one, time past.

.......Well it certainly appreciates the TLC that it's getting. It

is
a wonderful haven for wildlife.
As is the (well maintained) Leylandii.!!! :-))

It's funny you say that about leylandii (and I'm not being sarcastic) but I
had a long and high hedge of it at one house and rarely saw birds on it or
in it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk