Old 28-10-2004, 03:00 PM
bramble towers bramble towers is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwitch
bramble towers muttered:

I have recently moved into a house with a very large pond. The water is

brown
& murky (muddy?) there are no plants growing in it & recently I

found a dead
fish floating in it. The pond is approximately 150 feet

long by at most 70
feet wide & I believe is lined with puddled clay.

The house particulars
stated that it was a spring fed pond ( but

knowing estate agents, that may not
be the case!).

Can anyone recommend a book which might deal with large natural ponds

as all
the books I've managed to find in the library & book shops seem

to relate to
6ft by 10ft man made ponds & focus on smaller plants which

wont outgrow their
space.

There are a number of other fish in the pond - all a white-ish colour &

about
1 - 1 1/2 feet long - should I be feeding them, bearing in mind

the lack of
vegetation in there??

As I am a complete novice, any advice would be appreciated - I wouldn't

want
to lose another fish

Sally
Kent

--
bramble towers

Also be prepared to go
into pond to sort out problems
At last some good new - I can get the hubby into a pair of waders!!

Thanks for the advice magwitch. I shall have a look at the website & hopefully get planning some planting for spring time.

Sally