Old 28-10-2004, 06:08 PM
jojo

In article ,
Gae Xavier wrote:

Good for you! Wildlife in Austin town!

Well, the one passion vine (I have several) growing in a container and
draped around a tree trunk was swarming with the Zebras the other day so
I ran in to get my camera.

There were 2 or 3 Zebras flying around it, caterpillars on it and and a
couple mating in it, so... just get your self a couple of passion vines
and you will create a habitat for lots and lots of butterflies.

I am seeing a lot of the orange frits. and sulfurs now too.

There is one dragonfly who is my favorite. He has one half of a bottom
right side wing, so I know it is him when we chat.

LOL -- Gae

wow, what a sight I'm sure. Had a passionflower vine at one time, but
don't remember a butterfly extravaganza like the one you describe -
maybe I need to try again in a different location.

I remember when we lived in Travis Heights - Blunn Creek in our backyard
- HUNDREDS of gulf frits on the ancient Burr Oak that grew alongside its
banks. I'll never forget it. I miss that Burr Oak.

I want to grow some dill for the swallowtails (or is it Monarchs, I
never can remember - or is it fennel? ha!).

Regards,

jojo