Old 28-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Pen

I'm growing key limes too. Mine are all under 6" tall. How big did
your tree get when it started blooming? What brand of plant food are
you using? Thank you in advance for the answers.

"culprit" wrote in message ...

they need lots of light, reasonable humidity (i spray my key lime tree
almost daily with water), and you should feed them a citrus specific food.
when you get blooms, you'll need to pollinate by hand (or by q-tip), unless
you have a lot of bees inside your house. :-)

my lime tree blooms often, and i get tens of tiny limes that fall off within
a week or so. i currently have my first full sized lime (i've had the tree
for about 9 months), and i'm just waiting for it to ripen. i intend to
celebrate by sacrificing it to the Tequila gods.

i love having the lime tree indoors, it smells heavenly, especially when
it's in bloom. feeding every three months is recommended to increase the
blooms.

-kelly