Old 28-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Sacha
writes
They will take other birds' eggs and even baby birds

Very true - I once saw a pair attack and kill a baby blackbird that had
just left the nest (why do blackbird chicks jump out of their nice nest
before they are ready to). By the time I got out to rescue the blackbird
the magpies had done for it (((((((

Happily, round here, we now have very few magpies as the gamekeepers
keep the numbers down.

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.