Old 28-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Broadback

Klara wrote:

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

So, me thinking I'd not bother with the old ones, duly forked out the
necessary money and got the 'new-improved-equivalent' model (think
it's G715)
Anyway to cut a long story short they aren't a patch on the old ones,
they feel as shoddy as a Black and Decker pair, they've got less
cutting length I'm sure and they've redesigned the handle and now have
a 'built in ' arm rest.

This seems to be the case with every tool/appliance these days - not to
mention that the designers' brief seems to be to design something that
will last no more than 5 years ... (((

Have you still got the old ones? If so it may be worth looking through
the local yellow pages and getting the motor refurbished (rewinds). I
have found these companies very helpfully and knowledgeable. Then
perhaps you could return the new one and claim a refund on the basis
that it won't do what you bought them for.