Old 28-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Sacha

On 28/10/04 16:27, in article ,
" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

snip If by the usual suspects, you mean me, then yes I hold my hand up.
But if
you have been around this group for several years then you will know that
there have been a great many complaints about this particular plant used in
that particular way.

I *have* been around here for several years Sacha and have also been
consistent in my views but as I said there are relatively few complaints
BUT they do tend to lead to long threads which perhaps gives the
impression of a lot of complaints

I don't know of another hedging plant with its own space in the FAQ but must
look again. Perhaps yew or privet have attained monster status. ;-)
However long the thread, that is not what gives the impression, IMO. What
gives the impression is the people who write in about problems with
leylandii in the first instance.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk