Old 28-10-2004, 07:08 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes
They will take other birds' eggs and even baby birds

Very true - I once saw a pair attack and kill a baby blackbird that had
just left the nest (why do blackbird chicks jump out of their nice nest
before they are ready to). By the time I got out to rescue the blackbird
the magpies had done for it (((((((

Of course they do, they eat just about anything. That is nature.
I take it that because you were so hirrified at them eating meat, you are a
vegetarian?

Happily, round here, we now have very few magpies as the gamekeepers
keep the numbers down.

I love to see magpies. They are not only beautiful, but very intelligent .
I once had a tame one who spoke.