Old 28-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Doug Kanter

"Lee" wrote in message
om...
(paghat) wrote in message

snip...

.

The Bush campaign clearly sees itself as having no positive truth upon
which to base its election campaign, & so requires its Vice president to
lie outright, the President to commit lies of ommission by failing to

tell
the truth himself & refusing to distance himself from the Swiftnut
campaign of outright fabrications which have been assisted by Bush's
official campaign orchestrators. When Kerry states that failure to keep
terrorists from grabbing tons & tons of explosives was a major mistake

of
the administration, he merely speaks the truth, harsh & awful & damning
though that truth may be. But when Bush says Kerry advocates permitting
foreign powers to veto American wartime decisions, he lies from his own
mouth, even apart from his lies of ommission in permitting the Swiftnut
whoppers to stand.

Bush requires lies; Kerry has a damning truth on his side. But I fear
those who have without bigotry or malignancy somehow managed to support
Bush actually think it is Political Attack vs Political Attack, & they
select the liar because they are blind to the lies, or because what is
important to them is some single-issue (the false promise of lower taxes
which has already translated into taxpayer indebtedness) or to stop
abortion rights or because they think a fundamentalist is inherently a
"good" christian but a Catholic is inherently a "bad" christian --
whatever one-issue thing they have which supercedes even integrity. I
don't think these sorts of blind-spot-creating priorities require hatred
of faggots & dykes or an ignorant inability to see that Bush policies

has
made the world a more dangerous place. Good people can mistakenly

support
Bush. They don't have to be as crazy as Usenet Bushites or as dishonest

as
the Swiftnuts. But they do have to fool themselves a lot.
assertion of faith in humanity.

-paghat the ratgirl

this is so sad.. i know a number of folks of high integrity who are
totally
taken in by this spoiled, opinionated little boy who decided to have a
quick and glorious war of his own, to finish what his dady started and
be in the history books as the saviour of mankind.
Leo/lee

Here's what's really sad: The village idiot may be elected again. Because he
listens to voices in his head (and calls them "God's voice"), my 15 year old
son may be among those chosen to be a very poorly paid mercenary for the oil
business. Fortunately, my son figured out this scam about a year ago.
Otherwise, I'd have to put a bullet through the eye of the phoney patriot
who came to get him when he refused to be drafted three or four years from
now.