Old 28-10-2004, 10:43 PM
DexterWard

Default Loss of Leaves Normal?

A friend bought me (unknowingly) a Lowes Dendrobium Orchid. It didn't have
a sticker and it hasn't bloomed, so I have no specific info. Despite the
fact it was a Lowes orchid I decided to try and raise it, rather than pitch
it.
After I examined it's roots I was pretty sure I had made a mistake
(Euphemism). ALL of the roots were brownish-white and dry. I thought it
was just a matter of time. But it's been four or five months now and it has
just started to lose leaves. I've heard that Dendros are deciduous and it
is autumn. Aside from that, I know less than nothing about Dendo's. Is it
normal that it's losing leaves or is just the state of this particular
plant? If it is normal, what else can I expect?

DW