Old 28-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Tak Sze

Default pond lifted due to rain

I just recently built a 2000 gallon pond with concrete over liner. The
pond has not been filled with water yet. However, the whole pond is
lifted a few inches due to recent rain. Actually I am not sure if the
pond is lifted or the soil on the side collapsed. If it is lifted by
the water, I don't know if the sand I put under the liner all
collapsed to the bottom or not. I am going to wait for a few days to
see if the pond is going to come back down when the ground water goes
away. Unfortunately, we have clay soil here, and the water may not go
away for a while. Does anyone have any experience with this? What
would you suggest?

- Tak