Old 29-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Amy

What herbs are you growing,what size container do you plan
to put them in, and how much space do you have?

I a received an assortment of seeds, but am most excited about the
basics: chives, basil, rosemary...as I said, I am very new to this. I
was given small terra cotta pots, but I don't know whether the herbs
would do well in them. If I was to use the terra cotta pots can I
just put the Jiffy pellets inside of the pots? Are they meant for
that use? And should I start the seeds in a cup, as you suggested,
and THEN transfer them to the pot?

Thank you for your help!!

You can
use the peat pots to start the herbs, but at some point they'll have
to be transplanted to something larger, and it might be simpler to
start them in the larger container and not worry about transplanting.

I start some things in peat pots if I'm pressed for space on my seed
starting stand, but I prefer to start them in something larger. A
plastic, disposable 16 oz cup works very well for most things.

Penelope