Old 29-10-2004, 05:55 AM
js1

On 2004-10-20, ATD wrote:
From what I've read the recommendation is for some quality substrate
for rooted plants. If I can get away with perhaps adding laterite to
my existing substrate then so much the better. I am concerned that I
only have an inch of gravel and most planted tanks are supposed to
have 3. I picked up a box of laterite and it calls for adding 1 ounce
for every gallon of water. In my tank thay would not add much more
substrate.

Or, just get some plants that aren't as picky, like some low light crypts.
I think Amazon Swords are pretty picky about substrate.