Old 29-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Margolis

"Chris" wrote in message
Bought a few plants from a lfs. Each plant is planted in a small plastic
basket with holes, inside that is a piece of sponge I think. I was
suprised when the salesman said don't forget to take the plants out of
the basket before you plant them, otherwise you have a problem with them
rooting.
I thought the idea was to plant them still in the basket.
Thanks,
Chris.

when you buy shrubs at the local nursery do you leave them in their pots
when you plant them? what about vegetable plants for your garden? ;op

You should always remove plants from pots before planting, regardless of
what type of plant it is or it will become rootbound and stunted. they
also will have trouble getting enough nutrients with their roots all bunched
up like that.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm