Old 23-10-2004, 03:53 PM
laskdfpoiwq

I use the Owl here in Texas for the snakes (found a water moccasin in the
pond one day). Works well.

When I has a heron problem, I installed a motion activited sprinkler. It
was kind of fun watching the heron come in to land and getting whacked by
the sprinkler spray.

You can get them at most pond shops and occasionally at home depot.

Jim
"Bill Kerrell" wrote in message
We live within easy flight distance from the bay here in Pensacola. So we
had our visits from a Great Blue Heron. We were able to scare him away
several times. I covered the pond with screen. It looked terrible. So one
day I am at WalMart and in the garden dept found this 12" replica of a

Barn
Owl. ($8.00 and change) Someone had said Herons will not come near Owls ?
Well it seems to have solved our problem. Every once in awhile I see him

(or
Her) flying over at about 500' or so, but it keeps going. They do have

very
good eye sight. I move the Owl around every couple of days. But the Heron
does not return. ... Solved a problem for us hope it helps someone ..
Bill
Pensacola, FL