Old 24-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 10/23/2004 11:51:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

My next question is .... Other than visiting the local nursery and
purchasing a bunch of sacrificial trees, how does one "practice" the fine
art of wiring?

I am told that in Japan it is OK to show trees that are wired, but of
course, the wiring job must be neat and correct.
However, if you are wiring and not showing the tree, I would think, as
long as the wiring accomplishes its purpose and doesn't injure the tree it is
OK.
Having said that, there are some rules that make the wiring most
effective and others that prevent injury to the tree. Yoshimura has a chapter that
I like
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --