Old 25-10-2004, 06:54 PM
dalecochoy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitsune Miko"
Subject: [IBC] TRUE greatness

If you really want to be
shaken up, look up Lisa Tajima on the net. I have her
book. She is classicaly trained and is gaing
recognition in the japanese bonsai community.

Kitsune Miko

:) Well..... I think you are perhaps giving her a bit more notoriety than
is deserved... both for her bonsai and her simple toyish pottery ( heck,
even I can do those!) , .because she put out a book!!!.
About anyone could do that now in the age of computers. I think that's why
there are 20 books on bonsai for $12-$17 by people no one ever heard of
filled with pics of awful bonsai ( or good bonsai that belong to someone
else!). It so often seems people gain notoriety because they put out a
book, not because they put out a book because they were talented and people
recognized that.
Her book will be a dust collector in a short time....I suspect. Destined for
club auctions and.....eBay.
I also suspect that her having a display in a Japanese bonsai masters
display is much more small-group-politics than "gaining recognition in the
japanese bonsai community". Don't you think?
And,
Heck, lets face it and be truthfull here,
Being a cute young girl helps in any nationality's group run by old men! :)

I'm sure she wouldn't have any trouble getting a display into any national
convention here in the USA. We like cute girls too! :)

Dale

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++