Old 30-10-2004, 12:26 AM
jojo

In article
,
"Texensis" wrote:

These past couple of weeks in close-in south Austin, we've seen
hundreds of gulf fritillaries, clouded sulphurs, zebra longwings,
smaller sulphurs and small less spectacular butterflies, plus some
giant black swallowtails, and quite a few monarchs coasting in on cool
fronts. They've all been industriously at the passion vine, the
hyacinth beans, the asclepias / milkweed plants, and the lantanas. A
neighbor gave me a tip that monarchs particularly like Gregg's mist
(conoclinium greggii or eupatorium greggii). I'd seen this plant
around without knowing its name, although it certainly appears to be a
strange kind of aster relative. All sorts of butterflies like our
fennel.

I googled Gregg's mist flower to see what it looks like - here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/63ufk

I'd seen it around too and also didn't know what it was - I'll have to
plant some for the Ms.

Thanks!

Regards,

jojo