Old 30-10-2004, 12:11 PM
SugarChile

All I know is what I read in the papers......You might be right, I don't
know the details, and I don't know enough about felling trees to extrapolate
what really happened.

My point was, trimming and felling tall trees is dangerous work, even for
the people who are getting paid to do it, and amateurs should think twice.

Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

" SugarChile wrote:

There was a sad story in the local paper yesterday about a employee of a
tree-trimming firm who died on the job. He was cutting a tree; the tree
fell and hit a stump, and the bottom of the tree "kicked up" and struck
him in the head. There's an investigation underway, but it looks like it
was just a terrible accident, not negligence.

There might not be negligence but it wasn't "just a terrible accident"
either.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington