Old 30-10-2004, 06:33 PM
NetMax

"Dances With Ferrets" wrote in message
om...
Kinda depends on the style of tank you keep and your tank-keeping
methods.... If you intend for the plants to be a permanent and
unmovable part of the aquascaping, it is better to unpot them and put
them in the gravel. They will develop and grow more strongly if left
alone. Or if you are the sort of person who likes to periodically
rearrange everything in the tank, including plants, then it might be
best to leave it in the pot, so that at least the base of the root
system remains intact and free from damage. This is not the best
thing for the plant, but should help to keep it reasonably-healthy.

In strategy, I concur with Dances With Ferrets, however ime, the pots
sold with these plants are usually too small. If you want to keep them
in a pot, replant them into something bigger. I use lots of plastic and
ceramic pots & dishes for just this function. One of my low wide pots is
actually a sandbox (no plants, just a fun place for the Corys to be fed
and dig into, without having a lot of sand everywhere else.
--
www.NetMax.tk