Old 30-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Ben Sharvy

(Max Jefferson) wrote in message . com...
Or do you have to wait 3-5 years after planting them?

I want apple trees on my property but I don't want to wait 3-5 years
until they produce fruit.

You should wait a lot longer than that, if you want a healthy apple
tree. Even if you found something to produce apples soon after
planting, the number of fruits it would produce would be small.
Growing trees is not for the impatient, and growing trees that produce
food is really not for the impatient. This is not the land of Oz. If
you're in a hurry, buy from a local orchard (or plant some
strawberries).