Old 31-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Paul Simon

I only know two ways to measure moisture content of solids. The first is
obviously to weigh before and after thorough drying. You'll need a good
balance to do that. The other is a smelly chemical method called Karl
Fischer titration. It uses an anhydrous liquid concoction that you buy
pre-mixed and add drop wise to a mixture of the material you are testing and
another liquid. The endpoint is electrical, very simply done. That
equipment is relatively inexpensive, too.

Paul
"mike" wrote in message
I need information on suitable moisture testing instrument to test

moisture
content in vanilla pods.

I am looking for something that is simple and accurate.

Anticipating advise.

cheers!

Mikes