Old 27-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On 27 Oct 2004 07:06:47 -0700, (Amy) wrote:

I am hoping that someone can help me because I am completely clueless
right now. I want to start a windowsill herb garden and just received
seeds in the mail. The seeds came with Jiffy Peat pellets, but I am
not sure what to do with the pellets. Are they the best medium in
which to plant the seeds? Or should I be going out to buy soil? Any
help would be appreciated!

What herbs are you growing,what size container do you plan
to put them in, and how much space do you have? You can
use the peat pots to start the herbs, but at some point they'll have
to be transplanted to something larger, and it might be simpler to
start them in the larger container and not worry about transplanting.

I start some things in peat pots if I'm pressed for space on my seed
starting stand, but I prefer to start them in something larger. A
plastic, disposable 16 oz cup works very well for most things.

Penelope