Old 30-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Crashj

On or about Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:33:07 +0100,
wrote something like:

The fish in my pond go around separate groups. The 10 Koi all sleep/rest
together, but otherwise they split into 2 groups exchanging membership
occasionally. The two grass carp ALWAYS are together, inseparable. They
must be deeply in love or something. The other ordinary GF group together
in two or three groups.

Anyone else noticed this sort of gang behaviour in your ponds?

Yes. My rosey twiddlers hang out in three distinct groups within a 6ft
x 11 ft pond. At one time I estimate I had over 1000 in four separate
gangs. Now one group has gone away and with Fall here, I am down to
about 500 total. Behavior within the groups is slightly different in
terms of feeding and motion.

cue "Tonight" from West Side Story. The Jets and the Sharks. And I
guess, the Twiddlers.
--
Crashj