Old 29-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Bob H

Bob H writes:

Hi, we have just had a sycamore tree cut down, and the stump ground
out? Anyway, this has left us a lot of sawdust/chippings/etc. I
wondered if it is any good for anything in the garden as a topping in
the borders maybe, or just bin it?

I helped a neighbour do the same in return for the firewood. The
chippings and shredded leaves and small branches got mixed with the
results from a couple of lawn mowings and spread over what is now a
much more useable bed on my side of the fence. The grass will make up
some of the loss of nitrogen as the woody bits rot down, and I've got
a nicely mulched bed ready for the spring. And enough firewood for the
winter!

Anthony

So I can use the sawdust/shreddings to use as a mulch? on my
flower/plant beds?

Thanks

--
Bob H