Old 29-10-2004, 10:11 PM

Bob H writes:

wrote:

I helped a neighbour do the same in return for the firewood. The
chippings and shredded leaves and small branches got mixed with the
results from a couple of lawn mowings and spread over what is now a
much more useable bed on my side of the fence.

So I can use the sawdust/shreddings to use as a mulch? on my
flower/plant beds?

Leave it for a while first rather than using it very fresh, but
yes. Mine got spread immediately because I had the grass clippings and
there was nothing much growing there. Used raw it will soak up
nitrogen at first, but release it as it rots down.

Anthony