Old 30-10-2004, 11:16 AM
JennyC

Default Mealybug & cacti

Hi

This might be a handy tip for other cacti/succulent lovers.......

I use methelated spirits to treat and mealybug I find on my cacti/succulents.

While rearranging the GH for the winter I found that several plants were
infected and got fed up with the 'cotton bud + meths' method. It takes for ever
and I often get loads of spines in my fingers.

I had an old hand pump type spray lurking under the bench and decided to try it
as a meth spray. Works a treat and gets into all the nooks and crevices of the
prickliest cacti without them getting their spikes into me :~))

Jenny