Old 30-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Frank

"JennyC" wrote in message
Hi

This might be a handy tip for other cacti/succulent lovers.......

I use methelated spirits to treat and mealybug I find on my

cacti/succulents.

While rearranging the GH for the winter I found that several plants were
infected and got fed up with the 'cotton bud + meths' method. It takes

for ever
and I often get loads of spines in my fingers.

I had an old hand pump type spray lurking under the bench and decided to

try it
as a meth spray. Works a treat and gets into all the nooks and crevices of

the
prickliest cacti without them getting their spikes into me :~))

Jenny
Thanks Jenny,

I run a Young Gardeners Club all of which grow cactus. at our last meeting 2
or 3 asked about the mealybug I suggested Meths and cotton bud, your idea is
the best I have heard for along time,
Frank.