Old 30-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Brian Watson

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Watson wrote:

Correction to my previous post: "Ssh! We have TWO pod people in our
midst......"

What's a pod person?

In the film Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, a plant species comes to Earth
and grows plantlife clones of Earth people who then replace their human
equivalents in pods. Hence "pod people".

Their single-minded motivation (as is common in such films) is to take over
the human race and replace it by vegetation, much like the growth habits of
every ivy plant it has been my misfortune to encounter.

It is a boring, unattractive, genus with invasive habits and -as far as I
can see - no redeeming features that cannot be matched or exceeded by other
plants in similar locations.
--
Brian