Old 30-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Brian Watson

"Michael" wrote in message
Hello,

My garden is aprox 70ft by 30ft which I try and keep tidy ,using a rake to
keep it looking OK after walking on it etc.

Sometimes elderly relatives visit and can't see the plants clearly enough
and for safety reasons want a walkway.

Any suggestions please ?

I have used rolls of that semicircular-sectioned wood edging to make a path
and it has been very successful.

It is obtainable with one end of each piece rounded but I have used the
version that has both ends the same.

Even treated with wood preservative, the surface of the upturned curves
scuffs slightly, but that is more attractive (and good for the grip) than
when laid new.

The stuff comes in various widths and lengths and can easily be laid without
staking.

--
Brian
"Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget