Old 30-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Franz Heymann

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Diane Epps" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any bright ideas of how I can collect the

leaves
which have
fallen all over a large chipped slate area? Hand knees and

elbow
grease is
the method I have so far employed.

Try an electric garden blower/vac. It really does blow the leaves
into a corner where you can pick it up

Certainly the wind around here, particularly recently, has kept my
gravelled areas totally free of fallen leaves. I guess if the

chipped
slate was very small maybe a vacuum would lift them as well?

I suggested a blower action, not a vacuum action. Having said that, I
have a small spot covered with gravel pieces of approximately 1 cm in
dimension, and the vacuum has not sucked them up at all.

Franz