Old 30-10-2004, 10:08 PM
anton

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
hi all, i have a large, long hedge and have been outting off trimming it

all
summer! i had a go with the petrol trimmer the previous owner of the

house
left me but it weighs a ton...dont half make my arms hurt! anyone seen

any
reviews of hedge cutters that take into account the weight issue? or
recomend one?

I replaced a 30-year-old Black and Decker when it broke and got a new
lightweight B & D one. The blade was so lightweight that it & it's static
bit kept on bending like bananas. When they bent in opposite directions the
result was ghastly. I took it back & ended up with a not-so-lightweight
Bosch. So stand in the B&Q aisle and try bending the blade before you buy.

--
Anton