Old 31-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Double Digger

I have had the same problem with ash keys and leaves falling on my chipped
slate path. After a great deal of back breaking work trying to pick both up
from the slate chippings, I finished up putting the lot in buckets of water.
The leaves and keys floated to the surface leaving the chipped slate
submerged. All I then had to do was skim all the vegetable matter from the
bucket putting the washed slate chippings back on the path. Still quite a
job, but at least I managed to save all the slate which is not cheap to buy
in my area.

D.D.
---
"Diane Epps" wrote in a message:
snip
Does anyone have any bright ideas of how I can collect the leaves which
have fallen all over a large chipped slate area?