Old 31-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Sacha

On 31/10/04 16:25, in article ,
"Kate Morgan" wrote:

snip
Whatever you do, wear gloves. A friend of ours has just very recently
contracted Weil's disease from the stream in their garden and has been
deathly ill.

I am sorry to hear that, what a dreadful thing to happen. I have been
working in the barn all afternoon and I know that we do have rats around
the place - we are rural - I dont usually worry about Weils disease but
I am off to bath and change right now.
kate

They have a stream running through their garden and I think he'd probably
been working on the edge of it, or something of that sort.
Two years ago, another friend living upstream, tried to get out some giant
hogweed and ended up in a real old mess, too! I'm beginning to think this
is a piece of water to avoid!
We get rats and mice here, inevitably, but a man comes every six weeks to
put down poison and we think/hope two Jack Russells account for some. If
they don't kill them, all the huffing and puffing in likely places probably
gives them a nervous breakdown. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk