Old 31-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Sacha

On 31/10/04 16:51, in article ,
"Klara" wrote:

snip It's really the way the colour shades into the leaves that is so
pretty,
so I imagine the yellow would look a bit washed out. I seem to have
ended up with nicandra physalodes, allium christophii, the cerinthe,
verbena bonariensis, white cosmos and lots of white and purple petunias,
so I think my colour prejudice seems to have run away with me ...

The funny thing is with these C. purpurescens plants that they can be quite
variable. Some are deeply contrasting in colour and very attractive, others
look quite anaemic.
Ray suggests that if you can grow it from seed and get it through winter
outside - with a bit of protection if necessary - it seems to give a better
colour.
I like the yellow but my husband has little time for it. Yellow is my
favourite colour, so I'm probably a bit biased.
Do you grow Verbena rigida and Origanum laevigatum 'Herrenhausen' too? The
latter is lovely grown over greyish stone, for example.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk