Old 31-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Robert

: "Robert" wrote in message
: ...
: The sweet peas are shooting for next summer's flowers. I still find it
: amazing that such a delicate flower can begin in this inhospitable
weather

"Tim Lund" wrote in message
: I have some 'Old Fashioned Mixed' sweet peas that I sowed in an unheated
: greenhouse in London this Autumn. Following a gardening book, I have
: pinched them out and removed the tap root when repotting, with the idea of
: over wintering and planting them out in spring. But they are shooting
away
: already. What should I do? Keep pinching them out? Risk them outside?
:
I always bring mine on outdoors , otherwise they grow too fast and leggy.
The only time I bring them in is if the pots freeze through or the tops flap
about in a gale. I'm a bit surprised you've pinched yours out already, when
did you sow them? Also you must not remove the tap root, is this a leg pull
lol?