Old 01-11-2004, 02:15 AM
simy1

"junkyardcat" wrote in message ...
Happy Halloween from the Boonies of East Texas

Two questions for you...
I have an Aloe Vera plant that I bought from a yard sale this Summer. It was
a tiny little thing, but since I transplanted it into a bigger pot, it's
gotten huge and has lots of baby plants growing out from it. Now, if I want
to make new plants from those baby ones, how do I do it? Can you snip some
off and start a new plant from it?

you go as deep as possible to make sure you get as much root as
possible. I usually split them only when I put them outside for the
summer. at that point I take the whole thing out of the pot, take all
the babies, and replace some of the soil. but, and here is some bad
news, next year it will make another five or seven baby plants, and
the next year too. soon you will run out of friends who might want
one.