Old 01-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Warren

bandu wrote:
I am looking at a house to buy which has one third of its half acre
backyard
covered in aboout 40 or so tall pine trees. As you can guessed
backyard looks quite neglected and I guess thats because its difficult
to grow anything there.
Should I buy this property. How about spending on removing some of
those trees.

"Neglected" by what standard? Do you mean it doesn't have a boring
blanket of golf-course-like grass? Do you find woodlands to look
"neglected" by default? If that's the case, don't buy the property.

You've already proved your guess it's difficult to grow anything there
to be wrong. 40 or so tall pine trees are growing there.

In most neighborhoods, if you cut down a stand of trees like that just
because you think woodlands look "neglected", you would quickly become
known as the anti-social neighbor who cut down the trees. Let someone
more interested in maintaining the stand of trees buy the property. Go
someplace else. Someplace where clear-cutting is liked.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Black & Decker Landscaping Tools & Parts:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker