Old 01-11-2004, 01:15 AM
RichToyBox

In the UK, I would contact someone with the BKKS, at one of the local
sections. You can look them up at http://www.bkks.co.uk/ and scroll down on
the left until you find the tab marked sections. Someone within each
section should be able to provide the service or recommend someone that
will. They will be able to provide better guidance on treatments than most
local pond dealers that are just out to make a pound or two.
--
RichToyBox

"david williams" wrote in message
Thanks for all suggestions,
Hi, Who would I get to take a scrape, and what does that involve? The fish
seems ok at the momentbut still performs the occasioanal 'roll.'
"RichToyBox" wrote in message
The rolling sounds like flashing, which is a sign of parasites or water
quality problems. The fish is not comfortable. He is trying to scrape
off the parasites or scratch an itch from something in the water. It is
a good idea to have someone scrape the fish for a microscopic examination
to determine the type of parasite, and it is a good idea to have a
complete set of tests run, pH, and ammonia in particular.
--
RichToyBox

"david williams" wrote in message
Hi I've noticed rcently that one of my koi is performing a sort of roll,
where it swims on its side for just a moment and then rolls. Anyone any
ideas?
thanks
DW