Old 01-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Spider

Franz Heymann wrote in message

"jay jay" wrote in message

Rodger Whitlock Wrote:
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:29:57 GMT, "Sue" wrote:
-
I've either seen one rat three times or three different ones this
afternoon.
One of my neighbours said that they've had them before. They had

come
up
from the river and were nesting under a shed further down the

road.

Any advice? I suppose I'd better start by clearing away the area

with
bricks, paving slabs and roof tiles stored in it as that's where I

saw
it /
them twice right under the bird feeder. Do I have to stop feeding

the
birds?
Not keen on that idea.-

Seed spilled from birdfeeders is just what rats like. I used to

have
several feeders, but living in a ratty district finally decided to
stop: my cats were bringing too many rodents into the house and

not
all of them were dead on arrival.

You can reduce seed spillage by putting only a single kind of seed

in
each feeder. If you use mixed seed, each bird rummages through it
looking for his favorite, spilling a great deal onto the ground

below.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada

mmmm... does anyone know what great tits and blue tits are partial
to?

Peanuts and sunflower seeds. Spiders.

Franz

Boo hoo! :-{