Old 01-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Robert Heady

Hi Richard,

I planted an olive tree this year, Mission variety. I bought it back in
May from the Natural Gardener on Old Bee Caves Road. It has grown very well
this year, about twice the size when I planted it. A couple of years ago I
visited the Buena Vista Ranch in Wimberley http://www.bvranch.com/index.htm
and saw the olive orchard there. Beautiful trees. The thing you have to
watch out for is if the temperature gets below 17 degrees, or if the
temperature drops suddenly to below freezing. This is especially true of
young trees.

I bought one tree just as an ornamental, I you want the fruit you also need
a pollinating tree.

-Rob

"Richard McFadin" wrote in message
nk.net...
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on Olive Trees in the Austin Area?